The following information is obtained from our partner Nomad Travel. Private Expeditions has negotiated a 10% discount for your vaccinations and all your other kit for your Everest base camp trek with Nomad Travel which can be obtained by contacting us.
You must always check with your GP or health adviser for specific recommendations as these may change depending on your personal history, the duration of your trip and other countries you might be visiting.
Current general recommendations for vaccinations are:
- Hepatitis A – Recommended for everyone
- Typhoid – Recommended for everyone
- Polio – One-time booster recommended for any adult traveller
- Yellow fever – Required for everyone arriving from a yellow-fever-infected area
- Hepatitis B – Recommended for everyone
- Rabies – Only necessary if visiting lowland areas like Chitwan
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) – Two doses recommended for everyone born after 1956, if not previously given
- Tetanus-diphtheria – Revaccination recommended every 10 years