KIA Lodge is one of the few accommodation options located near Kilimanjaro Airport, making it the ideal alternative if you arrive late or need to leave early.
At KIA, everything is straightforward and laid-back. The staff is kind and accommodating, and they are used to you coming tired from a long travel. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome with as little hassle as possible upon check-in.
KIA Lodge is located only a stone’s throw away from one of the most popular entry points in Tanzania, approximately a brief 5-minute drive from Kilimanjaro International Airport. The resort is located on an isolated hill in the center of East Africa’s stunning savannah environment. Guests may take in the endless views of the African landscape, as well as the majestic Kilimanjaro Mountain, which is usually visible in the morning and at sunset.
The KIA Lodge is a great safe haven for entering and exiting Tanzania, hiking Mount Kilimanjaro, or continuing on to northern safari locations due to its position. The welcoming service, Zanzibar-style reception, traditional African décor, and tropical cuisine welcome visitors into Tanzanian culture.
Relax in our hilltop swimming pool with views of Mt Kilimanjaro, Mt Meru, the Blue Mountains, and the Maasai plains all around while sipping a Kilimanjaro beer in the open bar, or watching over a hundred species of birds in the savannah garden.
At KIA Lodge, we’ll make sure you’re taken care of in a unique, pleasant, and serene setting, assisting you in preparing for your safaris or climbs, and welcoming you home. With our lovely grounds, we can honestly say that we are more than simply an airport hotel; we are a true lodge where you can get a true experience of Africa right away!
The main foyer is evocative of a county club and appears to be a little antiquated and dark at first look, but as you travel through this section to the main body of the lodge, you can forgive first impressions.
The main sections of KIA comprise a spacious eating space and an even bigger covered bar area, both with breathtaking views of the mountain (clouds permitting). It’s hard to match a cool Kilimanjaro beer lager while watching the clouds dissipate to expose Africa’s ‘Rooftop’
There is a flagged area and numerous sun-shaded loungers in the pool area, with towels provided.
Kia Lodge Rooms
The chambers are typical rondavel-style stone and concrete constructions with thatched (makuti) roofs.
There is air conditioning in each room, as well as a standalone fan for those who choose not to use it.
All of the rooms include an en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower, flush toilet, and washbasin. Basic toiletries are included in the KIA.
The polished concrete floors serve to keep the rooms cool throughout the summer.
Why stay at KIA Lodge
Our opinion of KIA is that it is far from flawless, but it is suitable for an overnight break while arriving at Kilimanjaro and needing a warm shower and a clean bed for the night. Below are more reasons for you too book a room at KIA Lodge near the Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Excellent for late arrivals or early departures from Kilimanjaro Airport
- Magnificent views of Kilimanjaro
- Spacious en suite room
- Mountain views from the pool
- Location of Kia Lodge
About KIA Lodge near the Kilimanjaro International Airport
- 40 large African-style thatched brick huts quietly located in the gorgeous savannah landscape
- Only 5 minute drive from Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Airport transportation available
- En-suite rooms with twin or double beds, ceiling fan, air conditioning, safe, and mosquito nets are offered.
- Day rooms are also available.
- Easy access to northern safari locations and Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Open bar with lounge area with a view of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Curio shop and Tanzanite shop on site
- Free wifi connectivity in the public areas and rooms
- Spa with a wide range of massages and other treatments.
- Hilltop pool with 360-degree views of Mt Kilimanjaro, Mt Meru, the Blue Mountains, and the Maasai Plains (on clear days!)
- Activities include seeing a Maasai community and taking day trips to Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Hot Springs, and Arusha National Park.
Is parking offered on site at KIA Lodge?
Yes, there’s free self-parking.
Is there a swimming pool at KIA Lodge?
Yes, there’s an outdoor pool.
Are pets allowed at KIA Lodge?
Nope, pets and service animals aren’t allowed.
What are the check-in and check-out times at KIA Lodge?
You can check in from 9:00 AM – anytime. Check-out time is 10:00 AM.
What is there to do at KIA Lodge and nearby?
There are plenty of activities to do near KIA lodge, check out our day trips to learn more.