This 9-day wildebeest migration safari was created to follow the Great Migration of the gnus. The tour takes us to the epicenter of this magnificent earthly spectacle that takes center stage every year. We have three nights in the Serengeti, so we have plenty of time to explore the expansive Serengeti grasslands. We also get to spend a few days watching the great migration, which takes place in the Serengeti’s northernmost section from August to October.
This safari has been planned to focus on the famous Serengeti wildebeest migration and to enhance your chances of seeing it. During the months of August to October, the northern Serengeti’s Kogatende migration area that borders the Mara River is the ideal place to see herds of wildebeest grazing on the abundant short grass plains while contemplating crossing the crocodile-infested river.
Predator activity is at an all-time high, with excellent sightings of cheetah, lion, hyena, and leopard, as well as a strong opportunity of witnessing adrenaline-pumping kills on the river that dissects the Masai Mara of Kenya and the famous Serengeti National Park of Tanzania.
- This 9-day wildebeest migration tour starts and ends in Arusha
- Book your own international flights
- Fly to/from Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO) near Arusha/Moshi. Or fly to/from Arusha Airport (ARK) via Dar es Salaam or Nairobi (Kenya)
- Transport from and back to the airport is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged at an extra cost on request
The 9 days safari overview
Below is the day by day glance of the 9 days wildebeest migration safari itinerary in Tanzania