3 Days Ol- Donyo Lengai Trek at a glance:
- This three-day tour begins and ends preferably in Arusha even though you may choose to start and end in either Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Moshi in Tanzania or Nairobi, Kenya but additional accommodation, transport and domestic flight may be needed.
- This tour can be a private climb or can be booked as a group joining climb with guaranteed departure dates.
- This tour package is inclusive of full-service camping equipment that includes; all-seasons 2-person tents, mattress, sleeping pad and pillow with the flexibility to upgrade your accommodation before/after climbing Ol Donyo Lengai at Moivaro Tented Camp in Lake Natron
- You can customize this two-day Oldonyo Lengai tour with a variety of add-ons like safaris and Zanzibar beach getaways. Contact us to customize this tour.
- Climbing Mount Oldonyo Lengai is the better option for climbers that are restricted to climb Mount Kilimanjaro due to fitness issues, lack of enough time or budget.
- Marvel in nature as you traverse through the wild side that comes with the stunning views of the Ol Donyo Lengai mountain and the neighbouring red and shimmering lake natron.
- Catch the early morning sunrise from the Oldonyo Lengai’s summit.
Climbing Oldonyo Lengai
Ol Doinyo Lengai is quite a physically demanding climb. Its steep slope makes it a challenge to climb up as well as to climb back down and daytime heat is unbearable. The best time to climb the mountain is at night when the temperatures are lower. This allows the climber to witness the amazing sunrise at the summit and come back down before the scorching heat kicks in.
The Ol Doinyo Lengai mountain itself gives hiking enthusiasts the chance to explore the adventurous side and the natural environment of this marvellous mountain located in Northern Tanzania.
Ol Donyo Lengai is perfect for climbers that do not have time to climb Mount Kilimanjaro but still want to do mountain climbing in Tanzania. It is also great for Mount Kilimanjaro’s acclimatization purposes.
About Mount Oldonyo Lengai, Tanzania.
Mount Ol Doinyo Lengai, standing at an altitude of 2,890 meters is located in the Northern region of Tanzania and it neighbours the famous Lake Natron. It got its name from the people that live around it, the Maasai. Ol Doinyo Lengai means the Mountain of God in the Maasai language and it was named so because they believe it is a sacred mountain put there by their God, “Engai” to watch over the people and their precious cattle.
This mountain that lies along the rift valley is the only active volcano on a planet that erupts and spews nitro carbonatite lava, something that makes it quite unique.