A one-day Mount Kenya trip is possible and perfect for travellers that have limited time to spend or for photographers seeking to enjoy the scenery and views more.
It takes roughly 4 days to 8 days to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to the summit but with this tour will just be touring the slopes of Mount Kenya and its environs for a full day trip. Even for a one-day tour, hiking on Mount Kenya could prove to be challenging in one way or the other. With the help of expert Tranquil Kilimanjaro guides, your one-day Mount Kenya trek will be fun and exciting.
This tour gives you the ultimate chance to experience the beauty of Mount Kenya and participate in a mildly challenging 6-hour hike but also make it just in time for dinner in Nairobi. Your day begins with early breakfast then you will be picked up from your hotel afterwards for a short journey towards Mount Kenya national park where the hiking begins.
But before you begin your hiking, you will have to through the Naro Moru gate to meet your guide and at around 9:30 am the hiking begins by hiking across the rainforest zone of Mount Kenya. As you knowledgeable guide enlightens you about the wildlife, birdlife and plant life inhabiting the rainforests of Mount Kenya, you will get a chance to spot some birds, elephants, black-and-white colobus monkeys, and buffalos. At around noon, shortly after reaching the Meteorological Station, you will return to the Naro Moru gate traversing the bamboo forest on your way down, reaching the gate at around 2 pm in the afternoon. It is here at the gate that you will enjoy your packed lunch then finally heading back to Nairobi town, a short journey that takes approximately a three-hour drive. All in all, the hike may be vigorous but worth it, as Mount Kenya rewards you with stunning views.
Mount Kenya Day Hike Highlights
- Hike through the evergreen rainforests surrounding Mount Kenya
- Enjoy views of the towering Batian, Nelion, and Lenana peaks from the slopes of the mountain.
- Spot some of the birds in the rainforest of Mt Kenya
- Spot some big game animals like elephants, buffalos, rhinos, giraffes and more
- Take on a challenging 6-hour hike and inhale the fresh mountain air
What to bring on your day trip to Mount Kenya
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Food and drinks
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- Please be advised that you will be hiking for 6 hours. This hike requires you to be at least moderately physically fit to take part.
- Make sure to bring your own water, energy bars and