The 3 days Mount Meru climb takes you to the peak of Mount Meru using the mountain’s, only route, the Momella Route. The second-highest peak in Tanzania, Mount Meru, is situated about 20 kilometers east of Arusha town. Within the boundaries of Arusha National Park, the peak is located at a height of 4566 meters above sea level.
There is just one path up Meru, which can be taken in three days, but we strongly advise tackling it in four days to allow for acclimatization. Before climbing Kilimanjaro, the majority of alpine climbers utilize Meru to acclimatize. Less snow has accumulated on the peak since the volcano’s outburst.
When climbing Mount Meru, unlike Kilimanjaro, you must be supervised by an armed ranger or rangers as you move through the Arusha National Park.
You will appreciate the walking safari at this time as you pass herds of African buffalo, zebras, and black-and-white colobus monkeys, to name a few animals.
As you hike up the mountain, you may witness a variety of birds at the Momela and Ngurdoto Lakes, including pelicans and flamingos.
You will be greeted at Kilimanjaro International Airport and driven to your hotel or lodge in Arusha City, where you will spend the night. Your head guide will meet you there to give you a briefing, check your equipment, and make arrangements for you to rent any necessary gear.
How much does this 3-day Mount Meru trek cost?
The 3-day Mount Meru climb prices by Tranquil Kilimanjaro will range from $520 for a group of 10 people, per person to $965 for a single person.
Where will, you stay along this route?
We offer only two accommodation points along the Momella Route on this 3-day Mount Meru trek and they are
- Miriakamba Huts
- Saddle Huts
On your first day, you will stay at Miriakamba Huts after leaving the Momella gate then you will stay at Saddle Huts before summiting via the same.
Climbing Mount Meru
- Mount Meru should not be overlooked despite Mount Kilimanjaro’s growing popularity, even if it is a less strenuous ascent than Mount Kilimanjaro.
- You may anticipate seeing a number of stunning waterfalls and seeing a variety of species along the route.
- The three-day trip is difficult, and Meru’s height makes it possible for altitude sickness to occur. The erratic weather in Arusha may make climbing difficult when it is raining heavily.
- Since the mountain is located inside the confines of Arusha National Park, you will also have an armed ranger with you in addition to a guide and porters.
- Despite this, hiking Mount Meru is still a very fulfilling adventure. The views from the top of Mount Meru are simply breathtaking on a clear day.
The crew at Tranquil Kilimanjaro will make sure that we fulfill your dreams of trekking Mount Meru